PolyCor is a remarkable product offered by Piedmont Plastics that deserves recognition for its outstanding quality and versatility. This article will explore everything you need to know about PolyCor, including its numerous benefits and wide range of applications.
What is PolyCor?
PolyCor is a product of Piedmont Plastics made for specialty vehicles and trailers. It relies on strong thermoplastic applications to replace wood and metal typically found within these vehicles.
The construction of PolyCor is a cost-saving alternative to other materials. This is because it's naturally resistant to temperature, chemicals, and impacts. This is incredibly important with transportation and specialty vehicles, as it removes the need to make as many repairs.
PolyCor comes in five different variants, with one of these variants made specifically for the demanding medical field. Each variant is built for different needs, which you can learn more about below.
Types of PolyCor You Need To Know About
Below are the five types of PolyCor you can use for trailers and various other specialty vehicle applications:
1. PolyCor AP
PolyCor AP™ is one of the four types of PolyCor, a specially formulated product created by Piedmont Plastics as a superior alternative to traditional mobile trailer siding.
Typically, trailer siding is made using aluminum. In extreme heat or cold over time, aluminum trailer siding is affected by "oil canning." This effect causes a warped, wavy distortion to appear on the side of the trailer.
PolyCor AP differs in that it's resistant to oil canning, regardless of the temperature. It also comes with these benefits over aluminum:
- Slightly lighter than .040 inch aluminum (much more lightweight than .050"). This reduces the weight load of moving trailers, causing numerous
- Easily cleaned with household cleaners thanks to its coating
- Waterproof, keeping the contents of the trailer inside safe from moisture.
- Great stability and chemical resistance expand the potential loads you can bring.
The PolyCor AP colors come in four standard options (white, grey, black, and silver), but you can get additional vibrant colors should you want a more eye-catching design for your trailer.
2. PolyCor HL
PolyCor HL, an innovative material designed for trailer and specialty vehicle interiors, offers a range of features and benefits that set it apart from traditional products. Specifically formulated to meet the rigorous demands of the trailer and specialty vehicle industry, PolyCor HL is a transportation-grade material that guarantees exceptional performance.
Here's a quick breakdown of the benefits you get with PolyCor HL:
- It's lightweight, which helps to reduce overall vehicle weight, contributes to improved fuel efficiency, and allows for an increased payload capacity.
- It is designed to be waterproof, ensuring it remains intact and does not deteriorate when exposed to moisture.
- PolyCor HL is a float sheet that doesn't need many screws and doesn't need adhesive.
- The consistent color throughout its composition limits the visibility of scratches or scuffs during transportation or everyday use.
- It can be easily cleaned with standard household cleaning products, saving time and effort.
- Long-lasting durability reduces the need for repairs and replacements.
- Plastic expands and contrasts, so it's robust against major temperature shifts.
Because of its simple installation, PolyCor HL is an amazing material for transportation and specialty vehicles. Alongside PolyCore AP, you can be sure the interior and exterior of trailers are safe and lightweight.
3. PolyCor P
PolyCor P is one of the various types of PolyCor offered by Piedmont Plastics®. It is specially formulated as a superior alternative to wood or steel in specialty vehicle construction. Here are some ways it can be used as an alternative:
PolyCor P is specifically built to overcome the problems of using wood and steel. For example, wood is vulnerable to warping or rotting when exposed to water, while steel may rust and add unnecessary weight due to its heaviness. In contrast, PolyCor P does not warp or rot, making it an ideal replacement for traditional materials.
One notable feature of PolyCor P is its ability to accommodate an "integrated" hinge. By incorporating a simple 90-degree V-notch in the material, PolyCor P exhibits remarkable bending fatigue strength. This means the hinge can be folded more than 40,000 times without breaking, providing durability and longevity to the overall structure.
Like the other stylings, PolyCor P is lightweight, waterproof, chemically resistant, and provides excellent structural strength. You'll also find many colors available upon request, including black, grey, white, white, blue, and more.
4. PolyCor RP
PolyCor RP, or PolyCor Roof Panel, is a cutting-edge roofing material specifically designed for specialty vehicles and trailers. It's similar to PolyCor P in that it's an alternative to other materials, but its major difference is its ability to transmit natural light while being resistant to UV rays.
One of the standout advantages of PolyCor RP is its exceptional impact resistance. It is engineered to withstand external forces and remain structurally intact, providing added durability and longevity.
Here are some of the benefits you can expect:
- Designed to withstand various weather conditions, including harsh sunlight, heavy rain, and strong winds.
- Provides 99.9% UV protection, ensuring the preservation of the roof's appearance and integrity over time.
- It's lightweight, making it easier to handle and install. This reduces installation time and contributes to improved fuel efficiency and overall vehicle performance.
- Semi-flexible, allowing for flexibility in design and adaptation to different roof configurations.
- It's available in clear and translucent white options, providing versatility in design choices.
- Relies on common household cleaning products for easy maintenance.
How Do You Buy PolyCor?
If you're interested in purchasing PolyCor, you can conveniently find it on Piedmont Plastics. Piedmont Plastics is a trusted distributor of various materials, including PolyCor, offering customers a seamless buying experience. Contact us today to connect with one of our PolyCor product experts.